· Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
· Leads design changes to address complaints or product improvements and technical advancement projects.
· Develops and coaches others on engineering documentation.
· Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
· Identify and coordinate activities required to complete the project or task through the team
· Ensure timely completion of activities ensuring policies and practices are followed and accurate documentation is kept
· Effectively lead team ensuring good cross-functional communications and provide input to functional managers on team and team member performance
· Identify, communicate, and manage moderate levels of technical risk
· Delegate and manage tasks among team members as appropriate to their skill level and risk to the project
· Identify and clear barriers or appropriately escalate so the team can progress
· Resolve conflicts with team members and involve functional management as required to ensure timely project completion
· Make occasional presentations to upper management
· Bachelor’s /master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, advance degree preferred
· 8-10 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Results-oriented and focused on delivering timely, accurate and premium execution.
· Strong organization, execution and communication skills will be required, as well as a demonstrated
· Ability to lead and work together with a cross functional team.
· Proven experience managing and developing a team
· Responsible risk taking and risk management.
· Experience in managing global and virtual team and working in a cross-cultural environment.