The job requires a self-motivated individual with collaborative skills on project, process with limited supervision. The individual should be a team player who is willing to collaborate.
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: Packaging/product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, report preparation, and process/test documentation.
- Generate, evaluate and coordinate packaging related documentation including specifications, test plans/reports, and other BSC Product Development Process documents. Strong knowledge of statistical methodology.
· Evaluate, create and document package/product test methods for new product development and existing design improvements.
- Understanding of documentation management systems and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) is required.
- Work closely with other members of the Packaging Engineering department and interact with personnel from a variety of areas within BSC.
- Develop strong team skills, including communication, teamwork, initiative and managed execution of all project deliverables.
- Work with suppliers and OEM contacts to establish partnerships to maximize quality, delivery, and lead times, and to incorporate their abilities, ideas, and material/product knowledge into new development.
· Keep abreast of new technologies, test methods and advances in the medical device packaging industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering or Equivalent Engineering Degree
- Minimum 2-6 years’ work experience
- Experience with MS tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Statistical Software and its use for Engineering Applications
- Knowledge of Supply Chain / Product Distribution practices